B.ENG - CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
The chemical engineering degree program prepares students for professional practice in chemically related careers.
Chemical engineering is one of the most broadly-based engineering disciplines. Its field of practice covers the development, design, and control of processes and products that involve molecular change, both chemical and biological, and the operation of such processes. Because many of the products that sustain and improve life are produced by carefully designed and controlled molecular changes, the chemical engineer serves in a wide variety of industries. These industries range from chemical and energy companies to producers of all types of consumer and specialty products, pharmaceuticals, textiles, polymers, advanced materials, and solid-state and biomedical devices.
Duration: 4 years
The main role of chemical engineers is to design and troubleshoot processes for the production of chemicals, fuels, foods, pharmaceuticals, and biologicals, just to name a few. They are most often employed by large-scale manufacturing plants to maximize productivity and product quality while minimizing costs.
Chemical engineers affect the production of almost every article manufactured on an industrial scale. Some typical tasks include:
- Ensuring compliance with health, safety, and environmental regulations
- Conducting research into improved manufacturing processes
- Designing and planning equipment layout
- Incorporating safety procedures for working with dangerous chemicals
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of production processes
- Estimating production costs
Chemical engineers who work in business and management offices often visit research and production facilities. Interaction with other people and team collaboration are critical to the success of projects involving chemical engineering.
- A hand written application addressed to the Director;
- A certified true copy of Birth certificate;
- A certified true copy of Advanced Level Certificate / Result Slip or school Attendance Attestation for candidates awaiting GCE Avanced level results;
- 02 passport size photographs;
- An A4 envelope with postal stamp carrying the candidate’s address;
- An application form available at the institution or on the website(www.myiuc.com);
- A medical fee of 5000 Fcfa to be paid after admission and during registration;
- Application fee : 25 000 Frs.
- Registration : 150 000
- school fees for National students: 650 000
- school fees foreign students: 750 000
- Medical fees: 5 000
UNIVERSITY OF BUEA
B.ENG – BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING
|LANGUE DE FORMATION||