B.SC - BACHELOR OF NURSING SCIENCE
Nursing science refers to the diagnosis and treatment of the human response to health, distinct from medicine which is about the diagnosis and treatment of disease itself. The prime purpose of Nursing science is to generate questions geared toward improving how clinicians and patients administer care and manage conditions.
The BSc in Nursing Science we propose is designed to develop our students’ knowledge, skills and professional confidence, to provide education in theory and effective research-based clinical practice that focuses on critical thinking, human caring, and clinical knowledge.
At the end of the training, a BSc degree holder in Nursing science should be capable to:
- Assess how people react physically, psychologically, emotionally, and spiritually to disease and the state of their health.
- Conduct physical exams
- Listen to patients and analyse their physical needs
- Provide counselling and health care education
- Notice irregularities and problems
- Check a patient’s vital signs
- Incorporate healthcare information and technology to enhance clinical decision making in professional practice.
- Provide patient centered nursing care using a systematic approach (i.e., the nursing process) to meet health care needs for individuals, families, populations and communities in diverse settings.
- Promote health improvement practices, disease prevention, and proper treatment and rehabilitation
- Ensure healthcare efficiency and to fulfill the mission of improving people’s quality of life
- Demonstrate professionalism by accepting responsibility and accountability for nursing practice, patient outcomes and a commitment to lifelong learning.
- Pediatric nurse
- Nursing scientist
- Nursing assistant
- Pharmacy technician
- Nurse practitioner
- Nurse anesthetist
- Nurse midwife
- Neonatal nurse
- Ambulatory nurse
- Nurse educator
- Dental assistant
- Certified medical assistant
- Home health aide
- A hand written application addressed to the Director
- A certified true copy of Birth certificate
- A certified true copy of Advanced Level Certificate / Result Slip or school Attendance Attestation for candidates awaiting GCE Avanced level results
- 02 passport size photographs
- An A4 envelope with postal stamp carrying the candidate’s address
- An application form available at the institution or on the website(www.myiuc.com)
- A medical fee of 5000 Fcfa to be paid after admission and during registration
- Application fee 25 000 Fcfa
- Registration : 150 000
- school fees for National students: 500 000
- school fees foreign students:
- Medical fees: 5 000
B.SC – BACHELOR OF SCIENCE
|LANGUE DE FORMATION
BACHELOR OF NURSING SCIENCE
UNIVERSITY OF BUEA